Math 180 F
- Bob Matthews (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Office: To Be Added
- Extension 3561
- Office hours (tentative)
- 10:00 - 10:50 MTThF
- Or by appointment.
- Office hours resume in the second week of the term.
- Email messages
are welcome, and can
be used to ask a question or to set up an appointment. My schedule is posted
Hours marked 'O. H.' are office hours, and hours marked 'open' on my schedule
may be available for appointments
(to be made in advance), but are not office hours and I may not be in my
office during 'open' hours unless I have set up an appointment with you.
If none of the office hours work out for you, please send me
- Math Tutor Schedule (New - 10/30/07)
- Hass, Weir, and Thomas: University Calculus. We will cover
chapter 1 through section 5.4 or 5.5 of chapter 5.
- The final exam for Math 180 F is scheduled for Monday, Dec. 17, from 4:00
PM - 6:00 PM.. It will be a
mandatory, two-hour, in class, comprehensive
exam. University regulations require that all students take the
final exam at this date and time.
- Modified 9/8 to insert the calculator policy for the course.
Fall 2007 Math 180 F Lecture and Exam
The academic calendar for this year can be found here.
A syllabus for the course will be found here.
The last time I taught this course
Old exams for this course ...
Textbook web site
- Four hour exams. The lowest hour exam score will be dropped in
calculating the class average.
- A comprehensive, in-class final exam which will have the weight of two
- Homework will be assigned frequently, and homework assignments will
generally be due at least two regular class periods following the assignment
(leaving a day before an assignment is due to discuss any questions or
problems). From each homework set I will select several problems to be
graded. Questions on any problems (assigned or not) are, of course,
welcome. The homework will have the cumulative weight of one hour
exam, but the homework score will not be dropped.
- I will make every effort to return homework and exam papers no later than a week from the time they are turned in. That is, papers turned in on
a Wednesday should be returned no later than the following Wednesday.
- There are generally very few excused absences from exams. A (documentable)
illness is one (though I may not always require documentation, you should be
prepared to supply it). Lack of preparation, unless caused by a
recent (again documentable) illness can not be used for an excused
absence. Except for emergencies (accident, medical emergency, etc.) no
requests for an excused absence the day of an exam or later can be
accepted. Any make-ups should be completed a few days after an exam is
taken by the class and in any case should be taken within a week of the
- Exam arrangements can be made with Ivey West at the
Writing, Learning, and Teaching (Howarth 105) for students
with documented learning disabilities. Formal written arrangements must be
made in advance of the day of the exam.